Saturday, August 18, 2012

Eggless Cookie Dough

 

One day, I was craving something sweet.  So I was looking through my "FOOD" board on Pinterest and came across a recipe for cookie dough that you make to eat - not to bake, just to eat. :) Here's the recipe:

Eggless Cookie Dough
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
Pinch salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla and milk. Mix in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator.

It was easy to make - just your normal cookie dough ingredients.  At first it was a little too thin, so I added a little extra flour.  I also added a shake more of salt.

Added flour
The texture was still a little different, but I ended up eating some before chilling it anyway. :)

Before being chilled

After it had chilled for over an hour, it had the texture of real cookie dough and tasted almost exactly like it!  I was pretty impressed.  If you leave it out of the fridge for too long, it gets thin again, so you have to eat it fast!  That wasn't a big problem for me... ;)

After being chilled longer
The Last Word:  Sweet snack to satisfy your cookie dough craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment