Thursday, August 16, 2012

Café Zupas

My lunch @ Zupas
While in Utah, I met up with a friend and we went to Café Zupas in American Fork.  Zupas serves soup, sandwiches, salads, and desserts.  When you walk in and get in line, they have paper menus available to take and look at.  You give them your order and then they make it in front of you, similar to Subway.  I ordered the "Try 2 Combo" of a Chicken Chop Salad (without the olives) and the Honey Bacon Club Grilled Panini.  It also came with a chunk of French bread and a chocolate covered strawberry (hidden behind the salad in my picture).  I really enjoyed my lunch!  I usually don't eat honey mustard, but I liked it on my panini. :) It was all really filling - they give you enough food for the money.  I like how they tossed the lettuce in the dressing before adding everything else, so my whole salad had Ranch on it, not just the top layer.  They used fresh ingredients and it all tasted good.  They also had the soft, chewy ice in their soda fountain - that always makes me happy. :)

Zupas has a neat atmosphere, too.  I just like the way it's run.  Their employees were quick, friendly, and hard-working (unlike Penny's Diner).  It's really efficient - they get you your food as soon as they can.  When we were finished eating, we sat and talked for quite a while and one of the employees came over and offered to take our trays and bussed our table!  It was very nice and I had a pleasant experience there.  Zupas is only located in Utah and Arizona currently, so if you're out there, give it a try! :)


Menu

The Last Word:  Fast, friendly, and fresh café

No comments:

Post a Comment