Monday, August 13, 2012

Clearplay DVD Player / "The Vow"

Before I write about the movie, it's important to know  that we recently purchased a Clearplay DVD Player.  Clearplay creates filters for basically every known movie out there that are able to edit out language, violence, sex, etc, so you can watch good movies without all of the bad stuff. :) It's a great idea, and so far it's working pretty well.  My only complaint with our DVD player is that the second time we used it, it started to have little glitches.  It would briefly stop the sound like it was going to edit out a word, when we knew it wasn't supposed to.  I've read some reviews on Clearplay DVD Players now that say that they break quickly and are cheaply made.  I wish I would've known that before we bought it!  Hopefully it will work for years to come....we'll see!

The first movie we tried on Clearplay was "The Vow," starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum as Paige and Leo.  In "The Vow," Paige and Leo are newly married and are deeply in love.  When they get in a car accident, Paige suffers from severe brain trauma and loses the past five years of her memory, including all memories of Leo.  Leo must then find a way to make Paige fall in love with him again.

 

With Clearplay taking out all of the bad language and sexual material in this movie, I loved it - so much that I watched it twice before we had to return it!  Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams do a GREAT job acting, as well as the rest of the cast.  Their love is so real and I admire the way they treat each other.  Leo is kind and always gentlemanly.  They're so cute together!  At first, I wasn't pleased with the ending.  I wanted it to keep going and complete the story better.  But as I thought about it, the rest of the story is implied and the ending is fine.  "The Vow" is an emotional movie - it made me cry more than once.  (Although, it's generally not hard for a book or movie to make me cry...)  It was heart-wrenching when Leo asked, "How do you look at the woman you love, and tell yourself that its time to walk away?"  As a viewer, I found myself attached to these characters and longing for their mutual love to return.  If you like romance and drama, then you'll enjoy watching "The Vow."  

**Note: From what I've read, there was a significant amount of language and a couple of other bad scenes that were edited out, so if you're watching without Clearplay, be cautious!


The Last Word:  Heartwarming & emotional romance full of amazing acting

4 comments:

  1. With ClearPlay, I had a lot of problems. One of my colleagues told me about another technology( presently She is using this technology and found many advantages than did not have with the ClearPlayTha's why i use another technology named " enJoy Movies Your Way" I do not use ClearpPlay any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I have had some technical problems with Clearplay...I'll have to check out that website. :)

      Delete
  2. The leading brands of high definition DVD players in France include Schneider, Samsung, Thompson, Sony, and Philips. One can get a read-only player for an average price of around 80 Euros. One can get quality high definition DVD players for a price range of around $300 or more. One can also find French brands like Crealy doing brisk business in high definition DVD players. wonnie dvd player

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, most of the home theater systems available in France are already fitted with recorders and their market is increasing. Recordable DVD players are available for around a price ranging from 200 - 500 Euros, depending on whether they come with a hard drive or not. wonnie portable dvd player reviews

    ReplyDelete