Monday, July 23, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Lately, I've been really interested in trying out new recipes that I find on Pinterest.  I'm especially drawn to easy recipes. :) So when I saw this on Pinterest, I couldn't resist:

"BREAKFAST! Pumpkin Muffins - only 2 ingredients. That's right, just the cake mix and the pumpkin. No oil, no eggs, no water, nothing else. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins."

It was very easy to make - I simply used our mixer to blend the cake mix with the pumpkin.  But what I was expecting was a nice, traditional pumpkin muffin, reminiscent of Thanksgiving; it turned out to be a bland pumpkin cupcake.  To be honest, it was a disappointment.  They were still edible and were really moist, and it helped to put some powdered sugar on top, as well.  But tinkering with the recipe and adding some spices to the mix would certainly make them more enjoyable.  After doing a little bit of research on the recipe, I realized that this is actually a Weight Watchers cupcake recipe, so that explains why there's only a hint of pumpkin flavor.  The blog that the recipe originally came from suggests trying a chocolate cake mix, too - that might be better; you could make chocolate muffins for breakfast! :)

This is what they looked like when I made them.  They had a weird texture on top, but the middle was a normal muffin/cupcake texture.

The Last Word:  Easy-to-make muffins, but in need of some spice!

1 comment:

  1. The chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin is delicious--nothing extra needed. Two thumbs up from me :)

    ReplyDelete