Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Mirror Mirror"


"Mirror Mirror" is a take on the classic tale of Snow White.  It tells the story of Snow White, or Snow, a girl who is locked up in a tower by her wicked stepmother.  Her father, the late King, disappeared several years ago in the forest near the kingdom.  Snow should be ruling the kingdom now, but the evil queen is instead.  At the beginning, Snow is rather shy and doesn't have a lot of confidence, so standing up to the queen is a challenge.  As the story progresses, Snow learns more about herself and her kingdom and fights to restore the happiness that it used to have when her father ruled many years ago.

I enjoyed watching "Mirror Mirror."  It's humorous, romantic, and magical.  The movie isn't too predictable and the characters were all unique and interesting.  The acting is good - better than I had expected.  The prince, played by Armie Hammer, is handsome and does a great job of acting out the parts where he's under the puppy love spell from the queen. :)  I love the seven dwarfs - they are probably my favorite characters!  They're charming and very funny.  If you're in the mood for a fairy tale with a happy ending, watch "Mirror Mirror!"

Snow White and the seven dwarfs
The Last Word: Sweet, silly, and comical chick flick

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if this was good.... I need to watch it! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty good :) I think my review makes it sound a little better than it actually was, though (I'm still trying to get used to writing good reviews :))

      Delete