Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oatmeal Breakfast in a Mug

One of the first recipes I tried out on Pinterest....oatmeal in a mug.  Again, I'm a sucker for easy recipes, and this was pinned as the "easiest breakfast ever!"  I had to try it.  Here's the pin:

Easiest breakfast ever! 1/4 cup oats, 1 egg, 1 tsp brown sugar, handful blueberries, splash of milk, dash cinnamon. Mix it all up. Stick in coffee mug in microwave for 2 minutes.    

It was super easy to mix up and I was pretty excited to see how it turned out.  After just two minutes in the microwave, it was ready.

 

It. Was. Disgusting.
I thought it would at least be okay, but I was wrong.  The texture grossed me out - it was kind of spongy and it was obvious that there was a whole egg in there.  The only good part was the fresh blueberries and I had to pick those out if I wanted to eat them.  I ate maybe half of it before I talked myself into throwing it away - I don't waste food very often!  Unless you're starving and stranded at home with only these 6 ingredients and a microwave with you, don't make this.  (Notice, the pin isn't mine because I deleted it from my "FOOD" board)


 

The Last Word: Grossest breakfast ever!



2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHHA this post made me laugh out loud (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I totally agree. I was so bummed, and it was literally nasty.

    ReplyDelete