Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"Second Chances"


In Second Chances, author Melanie Jacobson tells the story of Louisa Gibson and her newest career ambition.  Because of the horrid singles life in Huntington Beach, she decides to create an LDS version of "The Bachelor" online.  When her "bachelor" falls through at the last minute, Louisa must turn to her ex-boyfriend, movie star Nick.  As the show progresses, she's forced to face her own feelings...
"What if Mr. Wrong is really Mr. Right?"

Though I enjoyed reading this book, I didn't like it as much as The List or Not My Type (from the same author).  I think the main reason is because the main characters are returning to an existing relationship instead of a new one and there isn't as much interaction between them as I would like, so that makes it seem a little slow.  However, it was still a good read. :) You get to know the characters pretty well and it isn't too predictable - for me, at least.  If you're a fan of "The Bachelor" and LDS romances, then I bet you'll like Second Chances.

The Last Word:  Cute LDS romance, but lacking consistent spark

No comments:

Post a Comment