Monday, September 2, 2013

"Cars 2"

 

While I was watching a friend's toddler boy a few weeks ago, we watched "Cars 2" together.  I was actually interested in the movie because I hadn't seen it yet.  However, it wasn't quite what I expected...

The premise of the movie is that Lightning McQueen is challenged to participate in a series of races between racers from all over the world.  Though the viewer is updated on what's happening in the races, the majority of the movie follows Mater.  Mater finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time early on in the movie, and from there he finds himself involved in top secret work with high-up criminals and secret agents.  But it's Mater, so he's clueless about everything going on around him.


I'm not a huge Mater fan - I think he plays a better sidekick than lead role, so I didn't particularly enjoy this movie.  Sure, there are some humorous lines and scenes, but it wasn't enough to make me want to watch it again.  I'm sure kids will like it, but if you're a grown Disney fan like me and like to keep up on all of the animated movies, then don't waste your time on this one.

The Last Word:  Mater's movie; not Disney's best

No comments:

Post a Comment