Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wilton Color Mist

Sorry the posts are so slow right now!  I've been really busy lately. :/ But I'm still trying new things! :) I started reading a new book today - hopefully it won't take me too long to finish and post about it.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I was looking for a way to make a bunch of cupcakes gold, and I came across this...


Apparently, Wilton makes edible color mist in various colors to spray on food!  It was a little pricy (as all Wilton products are) but it was worth it. :) If you follow the simple directions, it's easy to use.  Here's a close-up look at one cupcake with one or two coats of the mist:


I ended up doing 3 coats per cupcake to get it to the obvious gold color I wanted.  My guess is if you used a different color like purple, it wouldn't take as many coats.



One of the reasons why I liked it was because it didn't have a taste - it was like eating a normal cupcake.  It also looked nice and added a pretty shimmer. :)

The Last Word:  Quality product; pretty addition to cupcakes

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I will give it a try sometime. I like the fact that it is color only (no flavor).

    ReplyDelete